- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 4 apples cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat the sugar and egg whites until soft peaks form. With the mixer at low speed, blend in the apples, applesauce and vanilla. Add the flour mixture; stir until just combined (do not overmix).
Scrape the batter into the pan; spread it smooth. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool on the rack 20 minutes longer; serve warm.
This recipe yields 18 servings.
Per Serving: 156 Calories, 0 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 91 mg Sodium, 35 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 3 g Protein, 8 mg Calcium.
Serving Provides: 1 Bread, 50 Bonus Calories.
Points Per Serving: 3.
You'll also love
- Hand Of Pickled Pork With Mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Lobster Tail With Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quail With Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)