Pineapple Ocho Rios
- 2 ripe pineapples
- 3 lemons zested, and finely diced
- 12 dates cut in half
- 3 ounces raisins soaked in
- 2 ounces light rum for 2 hours
- 2 ounces pecans
- 1 banana
- 1 ounce crystallized ginger sliced
- 24 Maraschino cherries
- 8 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces dark bitter chocolate, grated
Cut the top from 1 of the pineapples and run the knife around body inside, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Push in from every side, cut the center into 4 and pull out each quarter with a fork. Repeat with the second pineapple.
Cut the pineapple into small cubes and add the lemon zest, dates, raisins with rum and the pecans. Place in the freezer to chill.
Peel and finely slice the banana and add to the thoroughly chilled fruits with the ginger and cherries. Rechill.
Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat at medium speed gradually adding sugar until stiff peaks form. Beat the heavy cream until stiff. Carefully blend in the 8 egg yolks and when combined, fold into the egg white mixture.
Pour the chilled fruit and grated chocolate into the egg mixture and spoon as much as possible into the pineapple shells. Cover each with clear plastic and place in the freezer to harden. The remaining cream mixture can be placed in a mold and frozen.
Serve when thoroughly chilled.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Hand Of Pickled Pork With Mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broiled Lobster Tail With Sauce... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive And Sun-Dried Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mushroom Ratatouille 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scrambled Eggs With Avocado And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quail With Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Turkey With Apple-Pear... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sugarless Pineapple Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)