crock pot white bean chili
White bean chili with a pumpkin base. Sounds odd, but it is great! Pumpkin works, it isn't sweet and it blends well with flavors.
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 182.6 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 23.3 g • Carb: 10.9 g • Fiber: 8.8 g • Sugar: 2.1
- cooking spray (I used my Misto)
- 2 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 (15 oz cans) of white northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth
- fat free sour cream for topping (optional)
- chopped cilantro and chives for topping (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil. Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crock pot. Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, sauté about 3 - 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute.
Add to crock pot. Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste before serving. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Tasty Tuna Burgers 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cleo Coyle’s Maple Bacon... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry Coconut "Fudge" 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Kidney Bean Salad with Walnuts and... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Orzo Pasta with Roasted Broccoli &... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- White Bean Dip with Pita Chips by... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)