Salmon with Escarole and Lemon
steaming more exciting. In this fish-and-vegetable dish, the key is building layers of flavor.
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 heads escarole (2 pounds total), cored, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets, (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Thinly slice off both ends of one lemon. Cut into 8 thin slices. From remaining lemon, squeeze 1 to 2 tablespoons juice into a bowl.
In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Stir in escarole and 1/2 cup water. Arrange salmon on top; season with salt and pepper. Place 2 lemon slices on each fillet. Cover, and cook until salmon is opaque throughout, 12 to 14 minutes.
Transfer salmon to a plate. Stir lemon juice into escarole mixture. Serve salmon with escarole.
You'll also love
- Potato Buns (Nut Rolls) 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Sauteed Shrimp With Coconut Oil -... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- MARTHA STEWART - Meyer Lemon... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Shrimp Destin Linguine 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Fish Tacos 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Parmesan Artichoke Spinach Dip 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Cod with Miso 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Mascarpone, Meyer... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)