- 1 leg of lamb - (3 1/2 lbs) trimmed of heavy fat, and shank removed
- 3 thin slices ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves roughly crushed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup finely-sliced onion
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large ripe pineapple cored, flesh cut
- into 1" pieces, shell left whole, intact
Cut lamb meat away from bone in 2 large pieces. Slice lengthwise into 1-inch strips and then cut into 1-inch cubes.
Combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, onion, lemon juice and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Place meat in marinade and rest overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat broiler. Divide lamb among 6 skewers. Lay on a rack and broil 5 minutes each side.
Refill pineapple shell with pineapple flesh. To eat, stick end of each lamb skewer in a piece of pineapple.
This recipe yields 6 servings.