Fettuccine With Shrimp, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil
This recipe for pasta tossed with pan-seared shrimp, cherry tomatoes and basil is served at room temperature—the perfect hot-weather meal, from chef Dave Pasternack of Esca and Barchetta in Manhattan
- Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 large basil leaves, roughly torn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound dried fettuccine
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from online.wsj.com
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, toss tomatoes with basil and season with salt to taste. Cover bowl and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
2. Add fettuccine to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Remove ½ cup cooking water and set aside. Drain pasta in a colander and toss dry.
3. Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and garlic in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan and sear, flipping once, until just cooked, about 4 minutes total. Transfer shrimp to a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces. Discard garlic and reserve drippings in pan.
4. Add shrimp and pan drippings along with cooked pasta and remaining olive oil to bowl with tomatoes. Toss together until noodles are coated in sauce, adding splashes of reserved cooking water as necessary. Season with additional olive oil and salt to taste. Set aside pasta and let flavors meld at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Lentil Meatloaf with Smoked... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Oatmeal Date Scones 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Linguini with Clam Sauce 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Pan-Fried Chicken Cutlets With... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Bell Peppers 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Burgers with Greek Yogurt... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- LEMON MERINGUE PIE 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Parmesan Basil Chik'n Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (8 Votes)