Spaghetti Frittata with Pancetta And Peas
- 1 cup spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces and cooked al dente
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 very thin slices pancetta, cut into small pieces and cooked until crisp
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, lightly cooked
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped fine
1. In a medium pot, bring 5 or 6 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and cook the spaghetti pieces for 5 minutes, until al dente. Drain and set aside for a few minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, cooked spaghetti, mozzarella, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside. In another small bowl, add the pancetta, peas, and parmesan cheese. Mix gently until well combined.
3. In a 9 or 10 inch skillet (be sure to use a pan that does not stick), heat the oil over medium high heat until hot (not smoking). Add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
4. Pour half the egg-and-spaghetti mixture into the skillet and top with the pancetta, peas, and cheese. Cover with the remaining egg and spaghetti mixture. Turn the heat to medium high and cook, pressing the frittata down lightly. Cook for 8 minutes or until underside is a golden brown.
5. Invert the frittata onto a plate and slide it back into the pan. (You may need to add a little more oil to the pan for this step.) Cook the underside for 5 minutes or less, or until golden brown.