Fabulous and popular desert
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- One 3 3/4 pkg jello vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup dark rum Barcadi preferred.
- One 18 1/2 oz pkg of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Wesson oil
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- Marashino cherries (optional), green grapes (optional), powdered sugar (optional).
Pre heat oven to 325 degrees, grease and flour 10" tube or 12-cup bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts. Bake for 1 hour. Cool. Invert on serving plate. Prink the top. Drizzle and smooth glaze evernly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb the glaze. Repeat until the glaze is used up.
For glaze, melt butter in saucepan, stir in water and sugar. Boil fof 5 mins, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in rum.
Optional decorate the cake with whole charries and border of sugar frosting or whipped cream. Serve with seedless green grapes dusted with powdered sugar.