Slow Cooker Tex-Mex Round Steak
I use around a pound to a pound and a half of round steak for this dish, but make more or less based on how many people you need to feed, or of course, how many leftovers you want!
- 1 boneless beef round steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 medium stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (20 ounce) salsa
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 495mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Spray a 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Cut beef into 6 pieces and place in slow cooker.
In large bowl, mix remaining ingredients (except cheese) and pour over the beef. Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 8 to 9 hours or until beef is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.