Homemade Egg Noodles
- 1 cup flour for the noodles and a little more for rolling out
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs or 3 small eggs
Adapted from knowledgeweighsnothing.com
Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt; mix to a dough and knead until smooth. At this stage, you can proceed to rolling out the dough immediately, but it is better to let the dough sit for 30 minutes to several hours (even overnight) .
Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Thickness wise you can go for anything from 1/4 inch, down to paper thin. It pretty much depends on your preference for your noodles.
Once rolled out, cut into strips using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter. At this stage the uncooked noodles can be stored in the fridge for a few days, or frozen for a few months.
To cook – bring a pan of water to the boil, add the noodles and cook until tender to bite. Usually between 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the noodles.
You'll also love
- Grilled Citrus Salmon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula and Pear Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Mushroom Chicken Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Penne with Chicken and Asparagus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ree Drummond's Chicken and Noodles... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Zucchini Noodle Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swedish Meatballs and Egg Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)