COCONUT SOUR CRE.4M CAKE
- 3/4 CUp PAR KAY 2 teaspoons baking
- Margarine powder
- IV. cups sugar 3A teaspoon salt
- 3/0 cup sour cream PI. cups mi ik
- I teaspoon vanilla 3V2-oz. pkg. flaked
- 3 cups sifted cake flour coconut
- 3 A teaspoon soda 4 egg whites Fluffy Vanilla Frosting
- 3 A cup PAR KAY Margarine 6 cups sifted
- V2 teaspoon vani IIa confectioners'
- Dash of salt sugar
- I egg white
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Cream margarine; blend in vanilla and sal'
- Add sugar alternately with egg white ar.~J milk, beating until light and fluffy.
- i I
Frosting Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Add combined dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Stir in "I. cup coconut. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch layer pans. Bake at 350•,30 b 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from p!l!l!>. Frost with Fluffy Vanilla Frosting; sprinkle with remaining coconut.