Chicken with Mushrooms and Asparagus
This recipe calls for Swanson Flavor Boost Concentrated Chicken Broth which is very high in sodium. I use low sodium chicken broth. If using low sodium chicken broth, flour the chicken before frying the sauce should be slightly thick. Serves about 4.
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/4 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into thin strips
- 1 - 8 oz. package of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and sliced diagonally in 1" pieces
- 3 scallions (green onions) cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 packets Swanson Flavor Boost Concentrated Chicken Broth, OR 1/2 to 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Flour for coating chicken if not using Flavor Boost
- 2 Tbl water if using Flavor Boost
1. Heat 1 Tbl olive oil in a 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well-browned, stirring often. If using chicken broth instead of Flavor Boost, coat the chicken in flour before browning. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Heat the remaining 1 Tbl olive oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook to your liking while stirring, then remove and add the asparagus and cook until tender while stirring (a little more oil may be required). Add the mushrooms back to the pan and combine with the asparagus.
3. Add the garlic and scallions to the skillet, cook and stir for one to two minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and combine everything. Stir in the Flavor Boost and 2 Tbl of Water OR stir in the chicken broth a little at a time, stirring (DO NOT ADD WATER IF USING CHICKEN BROTH). The broth should be slightly thick so it's important to add a little broth at a time so it doesn't get too thin.
4. When everything is blended and cooked through, serve.