Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Gingersnap Crust
Homemade vegan pumpkin cheesecake is perfect for Thanksgiving dessert, or anytime of year you are craving pumpkin cheesecake!
- 1 1/2 cups organic vegan gingersnap cookies, about 24 cookies
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons neutral tasting oil
- 1/4 cup brown or palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 2 (8-ounce) containers vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic pumpkin, or pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 305mins
Adapted from onegreenplanet.org
MAKE THE CRUST:
Preheat oven to 350°F
Place cookies, almonds, ginger, oil, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sea salt in a food processor and pulse until uniform, about 20 to 25 times. Mixture should be a crumbly, even consistency that pulls away from the walls of food processor.
Grease a springform pan. Use damp hands to firmly press mixture into pan to form crust. Be sure to evenly distribute mixture and use thumbs to press crust into corners of pan. Bake for 7 minutes, to help crust stick together.
MAKE THE FILLING:
In a food processor, add cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, cloves, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, flour, lemon juice, oil and sea salt. Blend until uniform.
Pour filling into baked crust and gently tap mixture on counter to release any trapped bubbles. Bake for about 40 minutes or until mixture is slightly browned on top and feels firm when pan is slightly shaken.
Remove from oven and allow cheesecake to cool on counter for at least 20 minutes, then refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight before serving, to firm up.
You'll also love
- Pasta with Roasted Garlic and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple Cheesecake Breakfast... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars with Fresh... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Classic Taco Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Crunch 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Minestrone with Butternut Squash... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- No-Bake Caramel Turtle Cheesecake 4.1/5 (47 Votes)