PECAN PIE TART
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 5 tbs. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely toasted chopped pecans, for filling
- 2 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted, for topping
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Set a 9-inch cake ring ( 1 1/2-inch sides) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 13-inch round. Fit dough into into ring; trim edges. Freeze 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk together eggs, syrup, and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Whisk in butter, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour filling into shell. Arrange pecan halves on top in concentric circles.
Bake, tenting with foil after 15 minutes, until filling is set, about 1 hour. Let cool at least 2 hours on a wire rack.