Grapefruit Arugula Salad
This grapefruit arugula salad is both tasty and gorgeous. Seasoned with spiced walnuts, it's a little sweet, a little citrusy, and a little spicy all in one.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar (not seasoned)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cut into
- large pieces
- 5 cups baby arugula
- 1 small bunch chives, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the walnuts, melted butter, brown sugar, cumin, paprika, cayenne and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; toss, then spread the nuts on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the nuts are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Stir, then set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, make the dressing: Whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, honey, rice vinegar and a pinch each of salt and black pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Trim the tops and bottoms of the grapefruits, then use a paring knife to remove the peel and white pith. Cut between the membranes to release the segments into a large bowl.
Add the spiced walnuts, celery, endive, arugula and chives to the bowl with the grapefruit. Add the yogurt dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss.
You'll also love
- Pan-Seared Strip Steak with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tuscan Beans with Basil Pesto &... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lime Couscous with Summer Veggies 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon Lavender Plantain Pancakes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Artichoke and Arugula Pizza with... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chard, Caramelized Onion, and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Arugula & Prosciutto Pizza 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Salad With Pistachios and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)