Chipotle Short Ribs
Finger food with a kick! Chipotle peppers add a little spice to these slightly sweet short ribs that are served on a bed of rice.
- Product Recall: We are voluntarily recalling fewer than 8,000 cases of regular Kraft American Singles Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product
- limited to 4 SKUs on two “Best When Used By” dates of February 20, 2015 and February 21, 2015. Click Here.
- Kraft Cheese Philadelphia Velveeta Jello kraft-salad-dressing a1
- home contact us food&family magazine
- sign up for emailsign up for email Recipe Box Join / Sign In
- Find Kraft Foods on FacebookFollow Kraft Foods on PinterestWatch Kraft Foods on YouTubeFollow Kraft Foods on Tumblr
- RecipesTips & IdeasCommunityVideosProducts
- homerecipeschipotle short ribs
- Chipotle Short Ribs rate it now!
- Chipotle Short Ribs recipe photo by:kraft 196 Finger food with a kick! Chipotle peppers add a little spice to these slightly sweet short ribs that are served on a bed of rice. time
- 30 min
- 2 hr
- 6 servings
- add your photo add your photo previous photo 1 | 1 next photo add to shopping list
- add to shopping list add to recipe box
- add to recipe box Print
- reviews (0)
- what you need
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
- 3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 lb. beef short ribs (6 to 8 ribs)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from kraftfoods.com
HEAT oven to 350°F.
BLEND first 4 ingredients in blender until smooth.
PLACE flour in shallow dish. Dip ribs in flour, turning to evenly coat both sides of each. Gently shake off excess flour; cook ribs, in batches, in ovenproof Dutch oven or large deep skillet 5 min. or until evenly browned, turning after 3 min.
RETURN all ribs to pan. Add sauce; bring to boil. Remove from heat; cover.
BAKE 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are tender. Skim fat from sauce; discard. Sprinkle ribs with cilantro. Serve with rice.
CHIPOTLES-Chipotle peppers are smoked, dried jalapeño peppers that impart spicy heat and a smoky flavor to soups, marinades and other dishes.
FOOD FACTS-Each measuring about 3 by 2 inches in size, beef short ribs contain pieces of the rib bone and layers of meat and fat.