Rustic Huckleberry-Blackberry Tart
If you can't find huckleberries, use blueberries.
- 8 ounces cake flour (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 4 cups blackberries
- 3 cups huckleberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from CookingLight.com
1. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, powdered sugar, pecans, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times to combine. Add butter to food processor; pulse 10 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg yolk; pulse to combine. Lightly spoon 2 cups of flour mixture into a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray; press mixture in a thin layer into bottom and up sides of pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap; chill 1 hour.
2. Add 1 tablespoon water to remaining flour mixture in food processor; pulse 3 to 4 times or until dough just comes together, adding additional ice water, 1 teaspoon at a time, as needed. Shape dough into a ball, and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 400°.
4. Remove springform pan from refrigerator; discard plastic wrap. Line bottom of dough with parchment paper; arrange pie weights or dried beans on parchment paper. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove pie weights and parchment paper; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes (do not remove or loosen sides of springform pan).
5. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice; toss gently. Spoon mixture evenly over prepared crust.
6. Remove remaining dough from refrigerator. Working quickly, roll dough to an 11-inch circle. Cut dough lengthwise into 3/4-inch-wide strips; arrange strips in a lattice design over filling. Sprinkle strips with turbinado sugar. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until top is browned. Cool 15 minutes before removing sides from pan.
You'll also love
- Baked Ziti with Sausage, Tomatoes,... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon-Thyme Shortbread Cookies 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Pita Burgers with... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Blueberry Flax Buttermilk Pancakes 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Low Carb Raspberry Drop Scones 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Irish Blackberry Jam and Custard... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)