Watermelon and Arugula Salad
I have made this salad many times, even in the winter. It is so very tasty, beautiful, refreshing....even elegant (yet easy! enough to serve for parties. Though, I often treat myself with just the salad and a glass of wine for dinner - nice!
- 1/2 pound baby arugula leaves
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, 3/4-inch-diced (3 pounds with the rind)
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 -pound chunk Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Place the arugula and watermelon in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well and place on 6 salad plates.
With a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and sprinkle them on the arugula and watermelon. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
You'll also love
- Grilled Chicken Over Lemon &... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Steak, Pear, and Watercress Salad 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini-Crusted Buffalo Chicken... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Curried Squash, Spinach & Chicken... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Cake Stacks with Aged Cheddar... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Hummus, Tomato, and Feta Pita... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Pasta Salad With Melon Salsa 4.2/5 (6 Votes)