Baby Bran Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour OR stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups wheat bran
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons raw natural cane sugar OR brown sugar
- 2 cups full fat yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup honey, preferably a light honey such as clover
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup of add-ins of your choice - raisins, chopped dried fruit, nuts, etc (optional)
Preheat oven to 425F degrees, racks in the middle.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, wheat bran, salt, baking soda and sugar.
Beat together the yogurt, egg, honey, and butter in a second larger bowl. Add the dry ingredients and fold in until everything comes together. Fold in any optional add-ins, raisins, nuts, and the like. Resist overmixing.
Either grease a mini-muffin tin with butter or line the tin with small muffin papers. Fill each 3/4 full. Bake 10 -15 minutes, until muffins are golden on top and cooked through. You can also make larger muffins in a standard size muffin pan with this batter, you just need to bake them about 5 minutes longer.
Makes about two dozen tiny bran muffins or one dozen larger ones.
You'll also love
- Refrigerator Raisin Bran Muffins 3.6/5 (43 Votes)