Stuffed artichokes are a perfect appetizer or side dish. They have the perfect blend of bread crumbs, cheese and garlic! Serve with a side of aioli.
- 22 whole artichokes, carefully cleaned with sharp tips trimmed
- 1cup1 cup bread crumbs
- 1clove1 clove garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grated Romano cheese
- 1/8teaspoon1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, garlic, Romano cheese, oregano, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix well.
Press about 1/2 cup of stuffing into each artichoke. Tightly pack stuffed artichokes together in a large heavy saucepan or Dutch oven. Add enough water to reach half way up artichokes and add 2 teaspoons oil.
Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, or until leaves pull out easily.