Squash, Spinach & Mushroom Crustless Quiche
Everybody loves a tasty quiche and this one is a family favorite! Made with spaghetti squash, spinach, mushrooms, shallots and mozzarella cheese. Sounds good, right? Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups spaghetti squash
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2/3 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 2 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fat free half and half
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from akitchenhoor.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Wrap in plastic wrap and microwave on high 3 to 6 minutes or until the squash is just barely fork tender. Set aside to cool.
Preheat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute, stirring occasionally, until they begin to caramelize; about 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the mushrooms to the shallots and saute an additional 7 to 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have released their juices and begin to brown slightly. Remove from heat.
Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to remove 2 1/2 to 3 cups of the flesh. Press the squash into the bottom of a 10 to 12 inch pie plate. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Spread the spinach on top of the squash then top with the cheese and the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle the onion powder, paprika, remaining garlic salt and black pepper on top of the vegetables.
Combine the egg substitute with the half and half. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and gently shake the pie plate back and forth to allow the egg mixture to settle.
Bake at 350°F for 45 to 60 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing into six servings and serve with garlic bread.
You'll also love
- Spicy Peanut Butter Bacon Sliders 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Fresh Zucchini 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tuna Salad with Endives and... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Polynesian Parfaits for Two 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hazelnut Chicken with Roasted... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Dip (DOUBLE) 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Rainbow Lasagne with Heirloom... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach-Artichoke Strata 4.7/5 (3 Votes)