CINNAMON STREUSEL ANYTIME CAKE
- Recipe By : WOMENS DAY
- Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Cakes
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup pecans -- finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter,cold -- cut up
- plus 1 teaspoon (1/3 cup)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) -- softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs -- room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups reduced fat sour cream
Heat oven to 350. Grease a 10-inch angel food cake pan or any other 10-inch tube pan, preferably with a removable bottom.
STREUSEL: In a medium bowl, stir brown sugar, flour, nuts and cinnamon to mix. Add butter and stir with a fork or rub into dry mixture with fingertips until crumbly.
CAKE: Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add sugars, one at a time, and beat until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each. Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in half the flour, then sour cream. When blended beat in remaining flour.
Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Top with Streusel. Carefully spoon on remaining batter, spread smooth, and crumble remaining Streusel over the top. Gently press Streusel so it will adhere to cake.
Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack and let cool completely. Run a knife around edges and tube to loosen cake. If pan has removeable bottom, remove pan, run a knife around base of cake and remove tube. If pan lacks a removeable bottom, place a plate on top of pan and holding plate and pan together, carefully invert cake onto the plate, then turn cake right side up.