Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs -- cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups sliced celery -- (2 medium stalks)
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion -- (1 medium)
- 14 1/2 ounces ready-to-serve chicken broth -- (1 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram -- crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves -- crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -- optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 ounces frozen green peas -- (1 pkg.)
- 1 cup frozen home-style egg noodles
Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook chicken in skillet 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown. Mix chicken and remaining ingredients except peas and noodles in 3-1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 1/2 to 7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in peas and noodles; cook about 10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
Per Serving: 211 Calories; 4g Fat; 17g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 601mg Sodium.
We love the old fashioned flavour of the home-style noodles, but if they aren't available use 1 cup of uncooked fine egg noodles or instant rice.