- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray 13x9 pan w/nonstick spray.
2. Beat butter in a large bowl on high until creamy. Add the sugar and continue beating until mixture is pale and fluffy. Scrape side of bowl.
3. Reduce speed to medium. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each. Scrape bowl. Reduce speed to low. Add baking powder, vanilla and salt. Beat just until blended.
4. Add about 1/3 flour and beat briefly, just until nearly blended. Add half the milk and beat just until blended. Repeat with 1/2 remaining flour and remaining milk. Add remaining flour beating until ingredients are well blended. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Knife inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan 30 minutes, invert onto rack, cool completely.