- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt, mixed with
- 1/3 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Beat butter, sugar, baking powder and soda in a medium bowl with mixer on high speed until pale, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla until fluffy. With mixer on low speed, beat in yogurt mixture (batter will look curdled), then flour just until blended. Spoon batter into cups.
3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are a light golden brown and a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely.
4. Spread tops with frosting and decorate as desired.
5. Lemon Variation: decrease vanilla to 1/2 tsp. Omit milk instead stir in 1 tsp grated lemon peel and 3 TBS lemon juice into yogurt.