Sour Cream Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 c. sifted flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
1. Cream butter and brown sugar; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla.
2. Sift dry indredients together and add alternating with sour cream to creamed mixture.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes. (I do 7 or 8).
5. Cool and frost.
6. Frost with Brown Butter Frosting.
Brown 3 tablespoons butter, add 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 1 Tablespoon milk, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Beat until smooth. Be careful not to brown the butter in the frosting too much. :)