Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana (Best)
- 1 pound Italian sausage, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons bacon strip
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 10 cups water
- 5 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound russet potato, sliced
- 1/4 bunch Kale
1. Saute Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in pot. Drain excess fat, refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. In the same pan, saute bacon, onions and garlic for approx 15 minutes or until onions are soft.
3. Mix together the chicken bouilion and water, then add to onions bacon and garlic. Cook until boiling.
4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about 30 min.
5. Add heavy cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
6. Stir in sausage.
7. Add kale just before serving.