- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons lemon peel, grated
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, garnish
1. Heat oven to 350F. Have cookie sheets ready.
2. Beat butter and sugar on high until fluffy. Beat in remaining ingredients except flour until well blended. On low beat in flour just until well blended.
3. Drop by round teaspoonfuls 1.5 inches apart on cookie sheets. Sprinkle with sugar.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 miute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.