- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Soften the butter.
2. Add sugar and cream together.
3. Add the molasses, egg and vanilla and beat well.
4. Mix the flour, spices, and salt together (separate bowl)
5. In a small cup, dissolve the baking soda in the lukewarm water.
6. Now, add the dry ingredients and the dissolved baking soda alternately into the creamed mixture.
7. Fold in the raisins.
8. Drop on a cookie sheet in 3 rows.
9. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
10. While the cookies are still warm, cut the rows into squares.