Giant Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups granulated date sugar
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tbs. canola oil, preferably
- 10 oz prune puree or prune baby food
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups unprocessed bran, such as Quaker
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 t / baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In bowl, combine date sugar, brown rice syrup, oil, prune puree, egg whites and vanilla.
4. Add oats, bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Stir in raisins and cinnamon.
6. Drop 1/2 cup at a time onto prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly golden.