Grilled Bruschetta with Goat Cheese, Ham and Peach
From Kelly Snody and Martha Stewart
- Kelly's Topping:
- Crusty white boule or artisanal loaf
- Fresh head of garlic
- First-rate olive oil
- Ungreased grill or grill pan
- 2 T goat cheese
- Small piece of thin sliced ham
- Thin slice of peach
- Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic
1. Place thick slices on an ungreased grill or grill pan. Toast each side for 5 minutes over medium heat. (If you don't have a grill pan, broil bread until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.)
For perfect golden-brown hatch marks, maintain medium heat. High heat will create instant dark lines without toasting the bread; low heat will slow the toasting process, which can result in blackened grill marks.
2. Remove toasts from grill, and immediately rub with cut side of a head of garlic. The warmth of the bread releases the garlic's aroma.
3. On a cutting board or a baking sheet, drizzle oil generously over toasts. Sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Cut slices in half if they're large.
While still warm, top with the cheese, ham and peach, then drizzle with oil and balsamic vinegar.