- 12 Egg yolk, separated
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 2 Quarts Half and half, separated
- 6 Cups Rum
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1. Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and 1qt. half and half in a saucepan. Mix well and whisk constantly over low heat until mixture registers 165-170 degrees. Hold it at that temperature for one minute but do not let temp. exceed 173 degrees.
2. Remove from heat and beat in remaining half and half. Strain the mixture into a bowl set in ice. Add rum and chill for several hours.
3. Top with whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg before serving.