Chocolate Crackle-Top Cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, topping
1. Heat oven to 350F. Have ungreased cookie sheets ready.
2. Beat all ingredients except flour in large bowl with mixer on high speed until well blended.
3. On low speed, beat in flour just until blended (dough will be firm). Form into balls, roll in sugar. Place 1 inch apart on sheets.
4. Bake 8-9 minutes until puffed and cracked. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.