Blueberry Custard Pie
- 1 1/3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar substitute, Splenda
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- pinch salt
- 1 cup fat free half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- 5 cups Blueberries, fresh
- 2/3 cup sugar
1. Combine first 4 ingredients.
2. Press into bottom and up sides of an ungreased pie plate.
3. Bake @375 for 8-10 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
5. Gradually whisk one cup of hot filling into 3 egg yolks. Return all to pan, bring to a gentle boil, cook 2 minutes, stirring contantly.
6. Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Cool for 5 mnutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into crust and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. Chill for 30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, chop strawberries and put them into a saucepan. Bring to almost a boil, boil for 2 minutes. Add sugar and cornstarch and cook until thickened. Cool 15 minutes. Put on top of custard and chill for 3 more hours.