General Tsao's Chicken
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Total Fat 4.1g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.9g 4%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 19mg 6%
Sodium 604mg 25%
Potassium 104mg 3%
Total Carb 83.7g 28%
Dietary Fiber 4.6g 18%
Vitamin A 4% · Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 4% · Iron 17%
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, reduced-sodium
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 4 medium scallion(s), chopped
- 4 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or 1 dried chili pepper, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
5. Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
6. Serve chicken and sauce over rice.