Per Serving % Daily Value*
Total Fat 71.5g 110%
Saturated Fat 40.7g 204%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 231mg 77%
Sodium 2918mg 122%
Potassium 732mg 21%
Total Carb 21g 7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7%
Vitamin A 45% · Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 94% · Iron 13%
- 2 quarts half and half
- 2 Tablespoons chicken base
- 1 pound Asiago Cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 T water
- 12 slices panchetta, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 pounds chicken breast, no skin, no bone, R-T-C, in 1 inch pieces
1. Add cream to a large pot with the chicken base and bring to boil.
2. Add the asiago cheese and stir until melted.
3. Add the cornstarch and water and keep stirring.
4. As soon as the sauce thickens, remove from heat.
5. Sauce may be made 48 hours in advance.
6. Boil pasta al dente.
7. While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet and add panchetta.
8. Cook until crisp then drain.
9. Remove bacon fat from pan and add olive oil.
10. Add chicken and saute quickly until brown.
11. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and asparagus, saute for 4-5 minutes until onions are soft and transparent.
12. Add sauce to pan and heat through.