Crispy Chicken with Orange Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoon ssoy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- a little water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can also use cornstarch instead)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1.Pour 1 1/2 cups water, orange juice, lemon juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce into a saucepan and set over medium-high heat. Stir in the orange zest, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
2.Place the chicken pieces into a resealable plastic bag. When contents of saucepan have cooled, pour 1 cup of sauce into bag. Reserve the remaining sauce. Seal the bag, and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3.In another resealable plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the marinated chicken pieces, seal the bag, and shake to coat.
4.Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken into the skillet, and brown on both sides. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels, and place in 200 degree oven to keep warm.
5.Wipe out the skillet, and add the sauce. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Mix together the cornstarch and water; stir into the sauce. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to thicken. Pour over crispy chicken.
***Can also substitute grouper for chicken.
You'll also love
- Baked Grouper with Crab 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Goose Liver Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- D’Amico’s Dried Cherry Pasta... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corny Macaroni and Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Shortbread Crumble 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EVERCRISP LIME PICKLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Lime Velvet 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Passionfruit Marmalade 0/5 (0 Votes)