Iced Pink-Lemonade Cookie Pops
You don't lick these lollipops; you chew them! Insert lollipop sticks into prepared balls of pink-lemonade-flavored cookies before baking to create a delicious and beautiful dessert.
Total Fat *4g*
Saturated Fat --
Total Carbohydrate *18g*
Dietary Fiber --
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pink-lemonade concentrate, thawed, 1 1/2 cups (reserve 1/2 cup for the icing)
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 48 (4 1/2- to 6-inch) lollipop sticks
- 1/2 cup reserved thawed pink-lemonade concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Sifted coarse white decorating sugar
*1*.Cookies: Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Combine 1 cup of the lemonade concentrate with food coloring in a small bowl. Beat butter and granulated sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with the lemonade mixture, in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour; mix until just combined. Stir in zest. Cover; refrigerate until firm, 3 hours or overnight. (Dough will be sticky.)
*2*.Place oven racks in upper and lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 4 large baking sheets with parchment or nonstick foil. Flour hands, then roll 1 rounded Tbsp of dough at a time into smooth balls. Place 12 balls on each prepared baking sheet, 6 inches apart. Insert a lollipop stick into the top of each cookie, about 3/4 of the way through; flatten slightly. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before icing.
*3*.Icing: Beat reserved 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate, lemon zest, and confectioners' sugar in a mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Spread icing on cookies. When icing is almost set, sprinkle with coarse white decorating sugar.