Green Pistachio Muffin Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 112 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare the muffin tins by greasing them well.
1. Combine the dry ingredients including the zest and finely chopped pistachios in a large bowl.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat the eggs, one at a time, into the creamed mixture until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and rum extracts.
3. Starting with about 1/4 of the dry mixture, alternately add part of the dry ingredients and the milk, briefly mixing after each addition. Do not over-mix the batter.
4. Scoop the batter into the prepared tins. Sprinkle the tops with the coarsely chopped pistachios. Place the muffins in the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 375 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes or until the muffins test done. After the muffins have cooled for five minutes, remove them from the tins to coolon a wire rack.