Boston cream cupcakes
- MAKES 18
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN TOTAL: 11/2 HR Cupcakes
- 21 f2 cups all-purpose flour 3f4 tsp baking soda
- 1 f2 tsp each baking powder and salt 3f4 cup (1112 sticks) unsalted butter,
- 11 f4 cups sugar 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (3 oz) cook & serve vanilla pudding
- 11/4 cups milk
- 1 f2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate Glaze
- 8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped !f3 cup each sugar and water
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1. Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until blended.
3. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Beat in vanilla extract.
4. With mixer on low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, until just blended.
5. Spoon about V 6. Filling: Prepare pudding as package directs, using IV into a bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
7. Glaze: Place chocolate, sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat;
stir in butter until it melts and mixture is smooth. Let cool.
8. To assemble: Slice off top of cupcakes to come to top of paper liners.