SWEET HEART BREAD
- 1 cup sugar 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp. Salt 4 eggs
- 3 packages active dry yeast 2 tsp. Water
- 8 about 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
1. In large bowl combine sugar, salt, yeast & 2 cups flour. In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat milk & butter until very warm (120-130F) (butter does not need to melt). With mixer at low speed, gradually beat liquid into dry ingredients just until blended. At medium speed, beat 2 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl. Beat in 3 eggs & 2 cups flour to make a thick batter; continue beating 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. With spoon, stir in additional flour (about 3 to 4 cups) to make soft dough.
2. Turn dough onto floured surface & knead until smooth & elastic, about 10 minutes, adding more flour while kneading; shape into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning over so that top is greased. Cover; let rise in warm place (80-85F) away from draft until doubled, about 1 hour. (Dough is doubled when two fingers pressed into dough leave a dent)
3. Punch down dough by pushing down the center of dough with fist, then pushing edges of dough into center. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; cut in half; cover with bowl for 15 minutes & let dough rest.
4. Grease two 8"x8" by 2" heart-shaped pans. With fingers, press dough evenly into pans. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place until doubled about 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350 deg. In cup with fork, beat remaining egg with water. Brush loaves with mixture. Bake loaves 35 minutes or until golden & loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped with fingers. Remove loaves from pans immediately; cool completely on wire racks.