Oven-baked Mushroom & Bacon Risotto
- 2 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb. (225 g) portobello mushrooms, gills removed, mushroom caps and stems chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice, uncooked 3 cups
- 25 %-less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup Kraft 100% Parmesan Shredded Cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 1mins
HEAT oven to 300ºF.
PLACE 2-L casserole dish in oven to warm. Meanwhile, melt margarine in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 3 min. Stir in mushrooms; cook 10 min. or until mushrooms release most of their liquid, stirring occasionally.
ADD rice; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in broth, bacon, thyme and pepper; bring just to simmer. Spoon into warmed casserole dish; cover.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Add cheese; stir until melted.
You'll also love
- French Onion Soup - 2 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Asian Beef and Noodles. 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Jerky Recipe courtesy Emeril... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Corned Beef Brisket 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Truffle Butter and... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mushroom Barley Soup (with chicken) 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Vindaloo (Curry Vindaloo) 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin 5/5 (2 Votes)