Artichoke Fritters with Bernaise Sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups peanut or corn oil
- 3 9-ounce packages frozen artichoke hearts thawed and halved
- Bearnaise Sauce
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Whisk milk, egg and olive oil in another bowl.
3. Make well in center of dry ingredients, pour in liquid ingredients and whisk until smooth. Season batter with salt and pepper.
4. Let stand 30 minutes before using (can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill).
Heat 4 cups oil in large saucepan to 375 degrees. Pat artichokes dry. Dip hearts into batter. Add to oil in batches. Fry until crip until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove using slotted spoon to paper towels.
Serve with Bernaise Sauce (from mix or from scratch).