Paleo Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Looking for a healthier version of pumpkin cupcakes? Look no further, these cupcakes are dairy-free, egg-free, vegan and have no flour or refined sugars.
- 1 can pumpkin or 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- WHIPPED TOPPING:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla beans
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a food processor, combine all the cupcake ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides a few times.
Spoon the mixture into lined muffin pans. I used silicone liners for mine. They don't stick like paper liners can.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Let these cool completely before removing from the muffin liners. Since they are soft like pumpkin pie, I highly recommend putting these in the fridge after baking. It should firm them up more.
To make the whip topping, open up your can of coconut milk that has been in the fridge overnight. Scoop the fatty white part off and place in a mixing bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup. Use the whipping attachment and whip the coconut into a cream. Scoop a little on top of each muffin. Enjoy!
Keep these stored in the fridge. I highly recommend making the whip topping right before eating for optimal results in taste and texture. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- TAGLIATELLE WITH EGGPLANT AND... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Escarole & Beans 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Raw Corn & Zucchini Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tofu Ceviche 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Arnold's Deer Jerky 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Fresh Spaghetti with Garden... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Plum & Rhubarb Cobbler 4.5/5 (4 Votes)