This is a treat that our family makes every Christmas and (sometimes at other times of the year as well). Everyone loves them and for a richer feature, we dip them into white or dark chocolate.
- 1 C sugar
- 1/3 C butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 16 oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate or 2 oz. white choco. melted.
1. Beat sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt.
3. Fold in chopped cookies
4. Divide mixture in half.
5. Shape each half into a 9x3" loaf on a lightly greased large baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for 30-35 min. or until golden brown. and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven. Cool 10 min.
8. Cut each loaf diagonally into 15 (1/2") slices
9. Place slices cut side up on same baking sheet.
10. Bake for 10 to 12 min. more on each side or until lightly toasted.
11. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate.