Cherry Tomato Cobbler
- 2 Tbsp. cold butter cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup corn meal
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 of medium red onion
- Olive oil
- Basil leaves
In a food processor, add the flour, corn meal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add butter cubes and piulse until mixture looks like course bread crumbs.
Add the egg and 1/2 cup of buttermilk, and pulse until the mixture in a thick, sticky batter.
Halve two pints of cherry tomatoes; put them in a medium bowl. Peel and thinly slice two garlic cloves; add them to the bowl. Peel, halve slice 1 red onion; add it to the bowl. Drizzle the tomato mixture with some olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss.
Put the tomato mixture in a skillet; spoon dollops of the biscuit batter across the top. Bake until biscuits are golden and cooked through, and the tomatoes and onion are softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
Strip the basil leaves from several sprigs.
Heat oven to 425 deg. Grease a medium ovenproof skillet with olive oil or butter
When cobbler is done sprinkle 1/2 cup grated Parmesan on top and tear the basil leaves all over. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Biscuit, Sausage & Egg Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Mushroom and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic Bread Bowl with Spicy Pizza... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EASY ZUCCHINI AND TOMATO BAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ONE BOWL APPLE CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot Tomato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry Crisp 0/5 (0 Votes)