Golden Chicken Casserole
- 1 (10 -ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk, divided
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, combine soup, sour cream, and 1/2 cup milk; mix well. Add chicken, vegetables, salt, and pepper; mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, cornmeal, egg, and remaining 3/4 cup milk; mix well then spoon over chicken mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are golden and chicken is warmed through.