Iowa Corn Casserole
This classic and delicious Iowa Corn Casserole is the perfect side to any meal or feast! It's the perfect side dish to complement your Thanksgiving turkey!
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings and set aside.
Over medium heat, sauté pepper and onion in skillet until tender, about 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl, then combine with whole kernel and cream-style corns, sugar, eggs, cornstarch, bacon, and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
In a small bowl, combine remaining bread crumbs and reserved bacon drippings; mix well. Sprinkle over casserole and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden and set.
You'll also love
- Blueberry, Beet, and Basil Summer... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cornflake-Crusted Baked Chicken 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- End of Summer Chicken Skillet 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pollo Guisado - Puerto Rican... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Corn on the Cob with Spicy... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Brown Rice Pilaf with Saffron &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Cider... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)