Baked Coconut Shrimp with Pineapple Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Combine lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and pineapple preserves in a small bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl beat egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
Place cornstarch and coconut on two separate plates. Hold shrimp by the tail and dip and coat the shrimp with cornstarch. Next, dip the shrimp in the egg whites and finally in the coconut coating well.
Place shrimp on the cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until coconut is a golden brown. Make sure to turn it once halfway through (around 8 minutes into cooking time) to make sure both sides brown.
Serve with pineapple dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Easy Lemonade Shake Ups 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange Slice Jello 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- CAKE - Banana Carrot Cake Cupcakes... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bars 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- ZZ Lobster Mac & Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Tuna Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Scalloped Red Potatoes and Onions 4.4/5 (18 Votes)