15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
- 9 ounces (255 g) uncooked pasta (use gluten-free, if desired)
- 1 to 2 small cloves garlic, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon (1 to 2 mL) fine-grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for serving
- Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/#ixzz3Ck1lJC4V
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from ohsheglows.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
While the pasta cooks, make the sauce: In a food processor, combine the garlic and basil and pulse to mince.
Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado flesh, and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed. If the sauce is too thick, add another 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the avocado sauce and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.
Top with lemon zest, pepper, and fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Tips: Because avocados oxidize quickly after you slice them, this sauce is best served immediately. If you do have leftover sauce, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
For a grain-free version, serve this avocado sauce with spiralized or julienned zucchini or on a bed of spaghetti squash.
Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/#ixzz3Ck1uo2vr